Building Skills for Employment … Your Gateway to Success
July 14 – August 6, 2014
Learning Statement: A ‘boot camp’ designed to provide adults with an understanding of local workforce talent needs and how to plan and work towards meeting both the talent needs and career goals through successful college completion.
· Students will complete a three and a half week college preparation program.
· Students will complete the WorkKeys exam to earn a National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC).
· Students will earn one credit for the CABS 100 Microsoft Basics and Computer Literacy course.
· Students will work with an academic advisor to identify career choices and create an education plan.
· Students will be introduced to the LCC’s Learning Management System (D2L) completing online projects and assignments.
· Students will complete a Service Learning Project and present it to their cohorts.
· Students will identify community local business connections and opportunities.
· Students will identify their progress through evaluation and self-assessment each week.