McLaren Greater Lansing Healthcare Foundation Welcomes New Board Members, Elects Officers
Thursday, January 29, 2015
Posted by: Michelle Rahl
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE CONTACT: James Curtis
Jan. 22, 2015 (517) 975-7103
McLaren Greater Lansing Healthcare Foundation
Welcomes New Board Members, Elects Officers
LANSING, Mich. — McLaren Greater Lansing Healthcare Foundation has named the following individuals to its board of trustees:
- Brian G. Dale, AAMS, financial advisor, Edward Jones
- Brenda Geoghegan, assistant vice president, private banker, Fifth Third Bank
- Stephen L. Hicks, JD, MBA, MS, CPA, co-chief executive officer, Siena Wealth Advisors
- Sarah Jennings, CPA, CFE, principal, Maner Costerisan
“We are delighted to have this talented group join our board,” said Scott S. Stewart, chairman of McLaren Greater Lansing Healthcare Foundation. “Their business acumen and passion for the community are tremendous assets to support McLaren Greater Lansing’s ability to provide our patients with a world-class health care facility in our own backyard.”
As new members of the foundation’s board, the trustees will help advance the cause of life-saving, life-changing health care in the mid-Michigan community through fundraising and grant-making activities which benefit services at McLaren Greater Lansing and McLaren Orthopedic Hospital.
“The support of our community is a tremendous advantage for our patients’ healing and caregivers’ ability to facilitate that healing.” said Tom Mee, president and chief executive officer of McLaren Greater Lansing and McLaren Greater Lansing Healthcare Foundation. “We welcome—and are truly grateful for—the committed individuals serving on our board of trustees and the advantages they passionately seek for our patients.”
McLaren Greater Lansing Healthcare Foundation’s board of trustees also recognizes and thanks outgoing trustees Rachel Michaud, vice president, Gillespie Group; and Michael Kowalczyk, DO, Capital Internal Medicine Associates, PC for their terms of service; and announces its 2015 officers and executive committee:
- Scott S. Stewart; vice president, core business banking, First Merit Bank; chair
- Lisa Allen Kost; associate/office advisor, CBRE Martin; vice chair
- Charles “Rusti” Owens; business unit leader, C2AE; treasurer
- Lynn K. Henley; community consultant, PNC Bank; secretary
- Rick Wendorf, PhD; community philanthropist; at-large
- Lyn Donaldson Zynda; president, ZHV Properties LLC; at-large
Additionally, the foundation’s board of trustees appointed the following trustees as emeritus members:
- Jim Beck, general manager, KCWY
- Darrell A. Lindman, attorney, Fraser Trebilcock
- Shelley Davis Mielock, local development manager, K12, Inc.
About McLaren Greater Lansing Healthcare Foundation
Through fundraising and grantmaking activities, McLaren Greater Lansing Healthcare Foundation supports McLaren Greater Lansing and McLaren Orthopedic Hospital’s vision to improve the health and well-being of the communities served through accessible, affordable and high-quality care. As a 501(c) 3 nonprofit organization, the foundation helps via philanthropy to purchase new technologies, improve facilities, recruit the highest caliber medical talent, and invest in wellness programs and community education initiatives that empower individuals. Visit mclaren.org/lansingfoundation.
About McLaren Greater Lansing
McLaren Greater Lansing and McLaren Orthopedic Hospital operate the region’s most distinguished cardiovascular and orthopedic surgery programs that—together with McLaren Greater Lansing’s oncology, women’s care and wide-ranging diagnostic, therapeutic and surgical services—consistently lead in clinical quality and efficiency. The hospitals are part of McLaren Health Care, mid-Michigan’s largest health care system. Visit mclaren.org/lansing.
# # #