LRCC Supports Insuring Michigan's Future Initiative
Tuesday, March 17, 2015
Posted by: Michelle Rahl
March 16, 2015
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE CONTACT: Lori Conarton, Insurance Institute of Michigan (517) 371-2880 or (517) 243-1021 (cell)
The insurance industry is a major employer in the mid-Michigan area with a need to attract young talent for the future. A new program is being unveiled in cooperation with the Ingham ISD, Lansing School District and Accident Fund Insurance Company of America to provide area students with an opportunity to get a head start on a career in the growing insurance industry.
WHAT: A coalition of public/private partners will announce a new program for Ingham County high school students that will provide free college credit while learning about insurance through class work, job shadowing and hands-on experience.
- Pete Kuhnmuench, Executive Director, Insurance Institute of Michigan
- Stan Kogut, Superintendent, Ingham Intermediate School District
- Yvonne Caamal Canul, Superintendent, Lansing School District Superintendent
- Mike Maurer, Regional Director – Business Development, Accident Fund Insurance Co. of America
- Tim Daman, President & CEO, Lansing Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Blayne White, Student, Olivet College
WHEN: 10 a.m. Wednesday, March 18, 2015
WHERE: Accident Fund Insurance Company of America headquarters, 200 North Grand Avenue, Lansing.
CONTACT: Lori Conarton at Insurance Institute of Michigan (517) 371-2880 or (517) 243-1021.