Local Charities Compete to Win the University Club’s Big Bang-quet Challenge
Wednesday, March 9, 2016
Posted by: Eric Dimoff
Twenty-two local charities are competing in the University Club of MSU’s Big Bang-quet Community Charity Challenge, sponsored by the Michigan State University Federal Credit Union and the Capital Region Community Foundation.
All charities are posted on the University Club’s website at www.universityclubofmsu.org/theclubwithaheart, and the public is invited to visit the site and “vote” for their favorites. A “vote” is a $5 tax-deductible donation to the Capital Region Community Foundation. Online voting will close on Tuesday, March 22. On Wednesday, March 23, at 5:30 pm, the public is invited to a reception at the University Club, to place final votes and witness the final outcome.
Every organization will receive a check for 90% of the funds raised through voting. In addition, the two organizations that raise the most votes will receive a $10,000 or $5,000 credit toward a fundraising event at the University Club.
In addition, the organization with the most individual donors will win a $5,000 credit toward a fundraising event at the University Club! So…everyone is a winner, and one organization is a BIG winner! Competing organizations include:
- Allen Neighborhood Center
- Boys & Girls Club of Lansing
- Building Child & Family Initiatives
- Child & Family Charities
- Children's Ballet Theater of Michigan
- East Lansing Rotary Foundation, in support of the "Weekend Survival Kits" program
- The Firecracker Foundation
- Forster Woods Adult Day Center
- Girl Scouts Heart of Michigan
- Greater Lansing Food Bank
- Habitat for Humanity Capital Region
- Haven House
- Hospice of Lansing
- Information Technology Empowerment Center
- Lansing Promise
- Lansing RIF (Reading is Fundamental)
- Lansing Symphony Orchestra
- MI Women's Historical Center & Hall of Fame
- MSU Community Music School
- Origami Brain Injury Rehabilitation Center
- REACH Studio Art Center
- Riverwalk Theatre
The University Club of Michigan State University has an 87-year tradition as a year-round center for business, dining, fitness, recreation, and golf at Forest Akers Golf courses. The Club offers a service-rich tradition of fabulous dining and entertainment, flawlessly executed meetings and events, leisurely tennis, swimming and golf, and a world-class fitness center and spa. Memberships in this award-winning private facility are available to anyone in the community.