Martin Waymire Wins Nine Awards for PR Excellence
Friday, April 15, 2016
Posted by: Eric Dimoff
Recognition from East Central United States, Mid-Michigan PR associations
Martin Waymire, a Lansing-based public relations and digital marketing agency, won nine first-place and other awards for public relations excellence in competitions with agencies and organizations from across Mid-Michigan and the East Central United States, the company announced today.
Martin Waymire won three first-place awards in the Public Relations Society of America’s (PRSA) “2015 Diamond Awards” competition for the East Central states of Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania and West Virginia. Martin Waymire also won two first-place “Pinnacle Awards” in the PRSA Central Michigan Chapter’s “2016 PACE Awards” competition.
In total, the firm won five PACE awards and four awards in the East Central U.S. Diamond Awards competition. The awards were announced Thursday evening at the annual Central Michigan PRSA PACE Awards event held in Lansing.
“The only way a firm wins these types of awards is to have great clients and an exceptional team of practitioners, and we are fortunate and thrilled to have both,” said Martin Waymire partner Roger Martin, APR. “We are grateful to be recognized for the work we and our clients do to make Michigan a better place.”
Martin Waymire’s nine PR awards announced Thursday were:
- First-place Diamond Award in Public Service Tactics for the entry “Growing Bridge Readership through Social Media Marketing.” The client is Bridge Magazine.
- First-place Diamond Award in Integrated Communications Campaign for the campaign entry “Michigan Retailers Association's Buy Nearby Campaign.” The client is the Michigan Retailers Association.
- First-place Diamond Award in Brand Management Campaign for the campaign entry “Lansing Board of Water and Light Reputation Management.” The client is the Lansing Board of Water & Light.
- Merit Award in Public Affairs Tactic for the Diamond Awards entry “Creating a Smarter Anesthesia Delivery Model.” The client is the Michigan Association of Nurse Anesthetists.
- First-Place Pinnacle Award for Annual Reports in the PACE Awards competition for the Michigan College Access Network annual report.
- First-place Pinnacle Award for Video Programs in the PACE Awards competition for “50 Years of Beam Line” at Michigan State University.
- Award of Excellence in Research in the PACE Awards competition for “Michigan Health & Hospital Association Communications Audit.”
- Award of Excellence in Social Media in the PACE Awards competition for “Growing Bridge Readership through Social Media and Digital Marketing.”
- Award of Achievement in Shoestring Budget Campaign in the PACE Awards competition for “Driving Traffic to Michigan Future’s 2015 Report through Social and Digital Marketing.”
Martin Waymire principals and staff have a long track record of effectively managing public relations, advocacy and issue campaigns across Michigan for small to large corporations, coalitions and associations.
With wide experience in a number of public policy and other areas, including healthcare, finance, K-12 and higher education, telecommunications, energy, casino gaming, transportation, local government, insurance, advanced Internet technologies, and social policy, the firm works with clients committed to making Michigan a better place. Martin Waymire has earned three national Silver Anvil Awards − the “Oscar” of the public relations profession – and has been recognized as a Google All-Star firm. Its team has more than 100 combined years of strategic communications experience.
A list of all award winners will be available at www.cmprsa.com. Martin Waymire congratulates the many Lansing-area firms and organizations who were recognized at the Thursday event, a sign of the excellent communications activities that enhance our region and our state.
Learn more about Martin Waymire at www.MartinWaymire.com, or follow the firm on Facebook at fb.com/martinwaymire and on Twitter at @martinwaymire.