Sparrow opens new FastCare clinic at Okemos Meijer store
Tuesday, May 17, 2016
Posted by: Eric Dimoff
The Sparrow FastCare clinic at the Okemos Meijer opened today, offering area residents a revolutionary new concept in fast, convenient access to high quality healthcare.
The new clinic inside the Meijer store at 2055 W. Grand River Avenue in Okemos is the first of its kind in the mid-Michigan region, offering basic medical care inside a convenient retail location— when and where Patients need it most.
FastCare offers prompt walk-in treatment for common, non-life-threatening conditions, such as minor injuries and infections, and is a more affordable option for basic medical services than a hospital emergency room or urgent care clinic. Care is offered on a first-come/first-served basis. Patients can fill prescriptions at the Meijer Pharmacy conveniently located on site or at the pharmacy of their choice.
Care is provided by Sparrow Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants. But you don’t have to be a Sparrow Patient — just someone who wants exceptional care without the wait.
More FastCare facts:
- Treatment for minor injuries and illnesses such as: allergies, cold and flu symptoms, bladder and ear infections, and minor burns and rashes.
- Patients must be 18 months or older. Some age restrictions apply for select services.
- FastCare accepts most insurances — co-pays apply.
- High deductible plan or no insurance? Most visits are just $69. Only Sparrow offers this level of care at such an affordable price.
- Other services include routine camp and sports physicals, vaccines, TB skin tests, and free blood pressure checks.
- Sparrow FastCare at the Okemos Meijer is open 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. every day except Christmas.
Choose your treatment options wisely: For emergency care, on-site X-rays, stitches, or treatment for broken bones, please visit a Sparrow Urgent Care or a Sparrow Hospital Emergency Room.
FastCare is healthcare at the speed of life. Learn more at Sparrow.org/FastCare.
Choose Wisely. Choose Sparrow.