Spectrum Health joins statewide clinically integrated network
Thursday, September 29, 2016
Affirmant Health Partners (formally The Federation Care Network) announced today that Spectrum Health has been named as the newest member of its statewide clinically integrated network (CIN) of leading Michigan health systems.
Affirmant Health Partners was created in July 2015 by six state health systems in order to deliver high-quality, cost-effective healthcare and improve the health of residents across the state. The leading Michigan health systems include: Bronson Healthcare (Kalamazoo), Covenant HealthCare (Saginaw), Henry Ford Allegiance Health (Jackson), Henry Ford Health System (Detroit), Lakeland Health (St. Joseph), MidMichigan Health (Midland), Sparrow Health System (Lansing) and Spectrum Health (Grand Rapids). With the addition of Spectrum Health, Affirmant Health Partners includes seven hospital systems and over 6000 physicians that span the entire Lower Peninsula, providing more access to care than any other network in Michigan.
Spectrum Health is a not-for-profit health system, based in west Michigan, offering a full continuum of care through the Spectrum Health Hospital Group. The Hospital Group is comprised of 12 hospitals, including Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital; 180 ambulatory and service sites; more than 3,400 physicians and advanced practice providers, including about 1,400 members of the Spectrum Health Medical Group; and Priority Health, a health plan with about 738,500 members.
“We look forward to joining other leading health systems across the state to share best practices and improve the quality and coordination of care for our patients,” said Richard C. Breon, President & CEO, Spectrum Health. “Together, we can make strides in advancing health care value, optimizing quality, cost and clinical outcomes for the communities we all serve.”
William J. Mayer, M.D., M.P.H., president and CEO of Affirmant Health Partners, said, “We are honored to have the Spectrum Health System join our network. Spectrum Health is nationally recognized for providing high-value healthcare and for meeting the health plan needs of employers and residents across the state through Priority Health. Spectrum is the health provider of choice in west Michigan and will helps us further our mission of a healthy Michigan at an affordable cost,” said Mayer.
“We are also excited to unveil our new name: Affirmant Health Partners. The working name, ‘Federation Care Network’, has served our organization well as we have become operational. Now we are gaining momentum and recognize the need to find a name that speaks more to the value we can bring to our customers,” adds Mayer.
Critical to the success of Affirmant Health Partners is its physician-led, data driven approach to sharing best practices across the state that allows members to reduce variations in care, lower total healthcare costs and improve the health of patients and communities served by the network.
“Each member of Affirmant Health Partners has great respect for Spectrum. We are pleased and honored to have them join our collaboration of highly respected physicians and Health Systems from across the state,” said Dennis A. Swan, Chair of the Affirmant Health Partners Board and President and CEO of Sparrow Health System.
The Board of Managers guiding its work includes:
- Frank Sardone, President & CEO, Bronson Healthcare
- Robert Isacksen, MD, President, Bronson Medical Group
- Kevin Albosta, Chief Financial Officer, Covenant HealthCare
- Michael Slavin, MD, Medical Director, Covenant HealthCare PHO
- Wright L. Lassiter, President & CEO, Henry Ford Health System
- Ray King, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Henry Ford Allegiance Health, President & CEO, Jackson Health Network—Board Treasurer
- Loren B. Hamel, MD, President & CEO, Lakeland Health –Board Vice Chairperson
- Ken O’Neill, MD, Vice President, Clinical Integration, Lakeland Health
- Diane Postler-Slattery, PhD, President & CEO, MidMichigan Health – Board Secretary
- Madhura Mansabdar, MD, Chief Clinical Integration Medical Officer, MidMichigan Health
- Dennis Swan, President & CEO, Sparrow Health System – Board Chairperson
- Harman Nagler, MD, MHSA, Vice President of Clinical Integration, Sparrow Health System •Christina Freese-Decker, President, Spectrum Health Hospital Group
- Jay LaBine, MD, Associate Chief Medical Officer, Spectrum Health