Davenport University's SHRM Essentials of HR Management starts October 19
Monday, October 10, 2016
Posted by: Eric Dimoff
Our SHRM Essentials of HR Management Starts in less than 2-Weeks on October 19th! It is a 5-week course and meets on Wednesday nights from 6 p.m.-8:45 p.m.
Designed as a thorough introduction to HR basics, the SHRM Essentials of HR Management course provides a solid foundation in human resource management that improves HR job performance across multiple job titles and functions.
This course can provide exceptional benefits because it:
- Reduces company's risk of potential high-cost litigation.
- Promotes a consistent understanding of the HR function to non-HR management.
- Develops a common understanding of HR terms for the entire organization.
- Covers real-life HR issues and current, vital topics including: employment law; selecting qualified employees; compensation; orientation and training; and the performance management process.
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE?
- New and junior HR practitioners who need to increase their knowledge base.
- Small business owners or office managers who perform the HR function for their company.
- Business managers who want to learn basic HR best practices to avoid costly litigation.
- New or experienced managers interested in learning more about employee management skills.
- Representatives selling or supporting HR systems and services.
- International HR personnel wishing to increase their knowledge of U.S. HR practices.
- Job seekers who are investigating HR as a new career option or want to have HR as a skill for future positions.
Peter C. Cook Center
45 Ottawa Avenue NW
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
DATES | TIME: October 19 – November 16, 2016 | 6 p.m. – 8:45 p.m.
FOR MORE INFORMATION OR TO REGISTER
Brochure: SHRM Essentials of HR Management
Email or call Bethany DeVine, Professional Development Representative, IPEx at
Bethany.DeVine@davenport.edu or 616-233-2589.