Established in 1999, ATHENAPowerLink is a national
mentoring program that connects selected women business owners with a skilled
advisory panel. The local advisory panel, comprised of mentors best suited to the recipients' needs, will provide free business
consultation services for one year (value: over $25,000).
The panel will consult to help the business
owner achieve networking, capital, operational and strategic goals. The program
will also help enhance the business owner's leadership and management skills for
future business endeavors.
Women business owners seeking mentoring support through this
program must meet the following criteria:
- 51 percent of business is owned and actively managed by a woman or
- At least two years in operation;
- At least two full-time employees, including applicant;
- At least $250,000 in annual gross revenues for a
manufacturing or retail business; or at least $100,000 in annual gross revenues
for a service business;
- Clearly defined business objectives and specific reasons for
seeking an Advisory Panel.
Most importantly, she must be willing to openly discuss with
the advisory panel her goals for the business and the issues impacting her
ability to reach those goals. In addition she must:
- Provide a meeting
agenda and appropriate materials for review, such as financial statements,
business plan, etc.;
- Identify specific
company difficulties requiring advice of the advisory panel;
- Accept or reject
panel members' advice.
If you have
questions or need further information on the Lansing ATHENAPowerLink program or
becoming an advisory panel member, please contact Mandy Emmert at 517-487-6340.
Click here for the 2016 ATHENAPowerLink Application.
According to the ATHENA Foundation, on average, women
business owners participating in the ATHENAPowerLink program see
the following outcomes:
- 2017 - Courtney Maki, Glow Social Media
- 2016 - Barb Krejcik, North Winds Heating & Cooling, Inc.
- 2013 - Jill Marlan, Peak Performance Physical Therapy
- 2012 - Jane Mitchell, Jungle Jane Promotions
- 2011 - Heidi Brumbach, Technisch Creative
- 2010 - Rochelle Rizzi, Rizzi Designs
- 2009 - Linda Hundt, Sweetie-licious Bakery Cafe
- 2008 - Angelia McGarry, Carolan & McGarry
- 2007 - Dr. Sue Maurer, Care Connections and Dr. Marcy Street, Doctor's Approach
- 2006 - Kathy Valentine, The Plant Professionals