|Chamber Legacy Award|
Started in 2010, the Legacy Award is designed to recognize a long-standing Lansing Regional Chamber member and their long-term commitment to economic growth and community investment in the Greater Lansing region.
2015 Chamber Legacy Award Recipient - Sohn Linen Service
Sohn Linen Service will receive the Chamber Legacy Award, celebrating 65 years as a Lansing Regional Chamber member. Sohn Linen Service was founded in 1933 by Joe P. and Al J. Sohn. At that time, the business was known as Sohn Bros. Linen Service and was operated from a small laundry in North Lansing. In 1954, the name was changed to Sohn Linen Service. In 1960, a new building was constructed on East Grand River Avenue in Lansing, with additions in 1976 and 1995.Construction was completed in 2002 on the company’s state-of-the-art distribution center and company offices on Wood Street in Lansing. Sohn Linen Service has been a proud member and supporter of the greater Lansing area for over 75 years.
2014 Chamber Legacy Award Recipient - Legg Lumber
Lumber Town Holt received the Chamber Legacy Award celebrating 62 years as a Lansing Regional Chamber member. Originally opened in Coldwater, MI, Legg Lumber and Hardware recently celebrated their 130th year as a family-owned business in 2014. Legg Lumber and Hardware was the first lumber company opened in Michigan in 1884. After surviving the ruthless conditions of the Great Depression, Lumber Town Holt was opened in Holt in 1952, the third location of the Legg Lumber investments in Michigan. Lumber Town Holt values hard work, trust, and a "stick to it" attitude, which is prevalent in its commitment to Greater Lansing. Lumber Town Holt takes pride in providing community homes and businesses with quality lumber, roofing, siding and doors, while delivering excellent customer service. Lumber Town Holt Chairman Louis “Ned” Legg served as the President of the Lansing Regional Chamber of Commerce in 1969.
2013 Chamber Legacy Award Recipient - PNC Bank
As one of the longest serving members of the Lansing Regional Chamber of Commerce, PNC Bank has a proud history of serving the Chamber and the Greater Lansing region. The original bank formed in 1892 and was known as American State Savings Bank. The PNC brand was introduced to the Greater Lansing region in 2008 when PNC acquired National City Corporation. Today, PNC has 66 retail branches and ATM machines within a 17-mile radius of downtown Lansing. Continuing the great tradition of service to the Chamber and the community, PNC prides itself on its contributions both financially and through the volunteer work of its employees. PNC’s Early Childhood Education Program allows PNC employees to earn grants for the center at which they are working. Since January 2011, PNC has awarded 18 such grants in Mid-Michigan, totaling $44,500. PNC employees in the Greater Lansing region have worked more than 3,800 volunteer hours in the past three years, for organizations including Fenner Nature Center, WKAR, Sparrow, Impression 5 Science Center, YMCA of Metropolitan Lansing, Ele’s Place and Michigan State University.
Award generously sponsored by: Foster Swift Collins & Smith PC
2012 Chamber Legacy Award Recipient - Consumers Energy
Consumers Energy has been selected as the
third annual Chamber Legacy Award recipient. Consumers Energy has been in
business since 1886 – its 125th year – and a Lansing Regional Chamber of
Commerce member since 1939. The company serves nearly 200,000 customers
in the greater Lansing area and has almost 500 employees in its Lansing
operations. Consumers Energy, the principal subsidiary of CMS Energy,
provides electricity and/or natural gas to 6.8 million Michigan residents and
has operations in all 68 Lower Peninsula counties.
2011 Chamber Legacy Award Recipient - Maner Costerisan
Maner Costerisan, a full-service public accounting and business advisory firm, has been in business for over a century, first opening their doors in 1906 as Jerome and Harris. They have been members of the Chamber since 1939.
Today, Maner Costerisan employs more than 70 people and is the largest locally-owned CPA and consulting firm in mid-Michigan, serving clients of all sizes across a range of industries.
2010 Chamber Legacy Award Recipient - Kositchek's Menswear
Kositchek's Menswear was started in 1865 by Henry Kositchek in Eaton Rapids, Michigan. They moved to their present location in downtown Lansing in the late 1800s. Kositchek's has been in business for more than 140 years and is currently in the hands of the fourth generation of the family.