The Outstanding Small Business Award honors a local small
business that meets the criteria of stability, innovation, a commitment to
community, perseverance and a commitment to diversity.
Click to download the 2016 Outstanding Small Business Award nomination form.
2015 Outstanding Small Business Award Recipient - M3 Group
The Outstanding Small Business Award will be awarded to M3 Group and its CEO Tiffany Dowling, who founded the company in 2002. M3 Group provides marketing services, digital strategies, sales support, videography, website development, graphic design, publication design, event planning, public relations, social media management, consulting services, brand creation and management, media buying and advertising services. In 2007, Dowling became editor and publisher of Capital Area Women’s Lifestyle Magazine, which is the only women’s publication serving the Greater Lansing region. In 2013, Dowling purchased the Greater Lansing Business Monthly, the premier business publication in the region. ing Magazine, a student publication written by MSU students joined the M3 Group family in 2015. M3 Group currently has 18 employees and looks to further develop as a statewide competitor.
- 2014 Friedland Industries, Inc.
- 2013 Harvest Creative Services
- 2013 Stony Point Communications
- 2012 Van Martin, CBRE|Martin
- 2011 Dr. Marcy Street, Doctors
- 2010 Steve Trecha, Integrated Strategies, Inc.
- 2009 Terry Terry, Message Makers
- 2008 Charles
Creamer, Midwest Transaction
- 2007 Charlie
Smith, Smith Floral & Greenhouses
- 2006 David G.
Chapman, David Chapman Agency,
- 2005 Matt Rhodes, Dusty's Cellar
- 2005 Irene Savoyat and
Chris Reay, Creative Wellness
Holistic Health Center
- 2005 Howard & Vivian
Ballein, Student Book Store
- 2004 Shawn & Terri
Communications & Network Solutions
- 2004 Pierre
Medawar, Medawar Jewelers
- 2004 John J.
& Associates, Inc.
- 2004 Dorothy E.
& Jewels/Max Weingar Group
- 2003 Roy C. Saper, Saper Galleries and
- 2003 Martin L.
- 2003 G. Umakanth, Symbiosis
- 2002 Robert Fish, Mary
Roszel, Mike McFall, Beaner's Gourmet
- 2002 Michael
- 2002 Kelly
Rossman-McKinney, Truscott Rossman
- 2002 David Hayhow, Prime Management
- 2002 Bo Garcia, Small Business
Development Center at Lansing Community College
- 2001 John
- 2001 Jamie Czekai, Old Town Commercial
- 2001 David Lick, Loomis. Ewert, Parsley, Davis & Gotting P.C.
- 2001 Craig Harris, Turkeyman
- 2000 Leanne
Stites, Principal Shopping
- 2000 Anita Covert, Country Stitches
- 1999 Terry Terry, Message Makers
- 1999 Kellie Dean, Dean Transportation
- 1998 Robert
Economic Development Corp.
- 1998 Kathie
Drolett, Drolett Travel
- 1997 Robert &
Theresa Hubbell, Prudential Hubbell
Real Estate Co.
- 1997 Richard
- 1996 Rachelle
Neal, Capitol Research
- 1996 Dee Smith, Lansing Community
- 1995 Ray
Tadgerson, Capital Consultants
- 1995 Ed Carpenter, Liskey's Professional
- 1994 Noelle Clark, Hasselbring-Clark
- 1994 Gary Granger, Granger Construction
- 1993 Mary Ellen
Sheets, Two Men & A Truck
- 1993 Iris
Socolofsky-Linder, Fraser, Trebilcock,
Davis & Foster P.C.
- 1992 Theda Rudd, McDonald's
- 1992 Bob Carr, Capitol National Bank
- 1991 David
O'Leary, O'Leary Paint
- 1991 David Marvin, Fraser, Trebilcock,
Davis & Foster P.C.
- 1990 Priscilla Peterson, MRI/Office Mates 5
- 1990 John O'Malia, Snell Environmental Group
- 1989 Jose Gamez, Aztec Industries
- 1989 John Dodge, Sneekers of
Lansing/ROI Golf Mgmt
- 1989 Chris Holman, Greater Lansing
- 1988 Wayne
Williams, Williams Auto World
- 1988 Theda Rudd, McDonalds
- 1988 Ed Souders, Entre Computer
- 1987 Pat Hanes, Howard & Howard
- 1987 Joe Landis, Microform Systems, Inc.
- 1986 Alyson
- 1986 Alan Suits, Recomtex
- 1985 Dan Fatalleh, Delphi Glass Corp.
- 1984 Robert
Kleiman, RBK Corporation
- 1983 Richard
- 1982 David Buxton, Spartan Paper & Office