ATHENA PowerLink Program
According to the ATHENA Foundation, on average, women business owners participating in the ATHENA PowerLink program see the following outcomes:
• 88.5% increase in sales
• 37.6% increase in business net income
• 56.6% increase in personal income
• 36.3% increase
*Statistics provided by the ATHENA Foundation.
Established in 1999, ATHENA PowerLink is a national mentoring program that connects selected women business owners with a skilled advisory panel. The advisory panel, which is made up of lawyers, bankers, accountants, insurance agents and business advisors, will provide free business consultation for one year. The panel will consult to help the business owner achieve networking, capital, operational and strategic goals. The program will also help enhance the business owner's leadership and management skills for future business endeavors.
Women business owners seeking mentoring support through this program must meet the following criteria:
- 51% of business is owned and actively managed by a woman or women
- At least two years in operation
- At least two full-time employees, including applicant
- At least $250,000 in annual gross revenues for a manufacturing or retail business; or at least $100,000 in annual gross revenues for a service business
- Clearly defined business objectives and specific reasons for seeking an Advisory Panel
Most importantly, she must be willing to openly discuss with the advisory panel her goals for the business and the issues impacting her ability to reach those goals. In addition she must:
- Provide a meeting agenda and appropriate materials for review, such as financial statements, business plan, etc.
- Identify specific company difficulties requiring advice of the advisory panel
- Accept or reject panel members' advice
The advisory panel is a group of business professionals who volunteer their time to work one-on-one with the business owner for one year. This group of experts assists in the development and implementation of the entrepreneur's business plan and strategic goals. A panel coordinator is selected to lead and manage the advisory panel. The coordinator is responsible for leading meetings, reviewing the progress of the program and compiling results.
The Lansing Regional Chamber are proud to sponsor the ATHENA PowerLink program in the Lansing region. We are looking for women business owners who are seeking entrepreneurial assistance to reach their business goals. If you have questions or need further information on the Lansing ATHENA PowerLink program, or becoming an advisory panel member, please contact Michelle Rahl, Director of Marketing & Events at 517-853-6457.