Your Business Advocate
Our Government Relations division offers the resources to enhance the business environment in the Lansing region by advocating for legislation that reduces business costs and supports the Lansing regional business community.
We do this by:
- Monitoring all legislation at the local and state level that has a potential effect on the business community
- Actively lobby local and state elected officials to pass responsible legislation that protects the business community
- Testify before committees in the House and Senate to support legislation that will have impact on the business community
- Utilize the Lansing Regional Chamber's Political Action Committee (LRC-PAC) to endorse candidates at the local and state level who support pro-business policies.
- Maintain a presence with local and state elected officials to ensure that the voice of our membership is heard
- Keep our members informed on issues that impact their businesses through online Legislative Updates
We recognize that there are rules and regulations necessary for a viable free market, but we strongly advocate that government regulation of business operations should be minimal, fair and reasonable.
Our efforts get results for our members – results that impact your bottom line!