PTACs offer services such as marketing, technical consulting and training to businesses in the state which includes:
- Orientation to the Procurement System
- Linking Local Companies to Federal and State Government Agencies
- Bid Match for Government Solicitations
- Training Seminars and Conferences
- Contracting Opportunities
- Subcontracting Opportunities
- Government Specifications
- Bid History and Contract Award Results
- Bid Package Assistance
The Procurement Technical Assistance Centers (PTACs) of Michigan are not-for-profit organizations funded by the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA), the Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC) and local funding partners. The PTACs support our national security by ensuring a broad base of capable suppliers for the defense industry and other agencies, thereby increasing competition, which supports better products and services at lower costs. The mission of the Procurement Technical Assistance Centers (PTACs) of Michigan is to enhance national defense and economic development of the State of Michigan by assisting Michigan businesses in obtaining and performing on federal, state and local government contracts.
The Technical Assistance Center of South Central Michigan covers Ingham, Eaton, Clinton, Jackson, Branch, Hillsdale and Lenawee counties. Ingham, Eaton & Clinton counties are served by a satellite office housed at the Lansing Regional Chamber of Commerce.