Marketing and Social Media Coordinator
The Lansing Regional Chamber of Commerce (LRCC) is looking for a talented, creative and self-motivated marketing and social media coordinator to assist with implementing marketing tactics and strategies, as well as create and maintain a strong online presence for the organization. The marketing and social media coordinator will report to the director of marketing and communications and help develop and execute the overall communications strategy.
- Manage all LRCC social media accounts, as well as the accounts of three LRCC-affiliated and/or partner organizations.
- Create engaging text and visual content for all social media platforms.
- Create and maintain a social media calendar, and execute a strong content strategy for all social media platforms and accounts.
- Design posts to engage followers and showcase LRCC, as well as promote the work of LRCC members.
- Measure social media and web analytics, and create strategies and tactics to grow followers, increase engagement and web traffic.
- Create bi-weekly newsletter and other emails for LRCC members.
- Assist the digital media manager and director of marketing and communications in monitoring the LRCC website to keep information up-to-date.
- Manage and coordinate media requests with director of marketing and communications and ensure all media inquiries are handled promptly and appropriately.
- Research and stay up-to-date with local news and trends, particularly related to local, state and federal issues.
- Draft articles and assist with editing for FOCUS Magazine, LRCC’s monthly publication.
- Assist the vice president of public affairs with managing LRCC regional advocacy initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or relevant field.
- At least 1-2 years of job-related experience is required.
- Excellent writing, communication and time management skills
- Strong knowledge of AP style, preferred.
- Experience with social media tools: HootSuite, Sprout Social and Canva.
- Ability to successfully organize and manage multiple projects autonomously.
- Familiarity with SEO and Google Analytics.
Submit resume and cover letter to Ashley Sandborn at firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, Nov. 13, 2019.