LEAP and Local Business Leaders Partner to Increase Economic Prosperity
The Lansing Economic Area Partnership (LEAP), which serves the
economic development needs of Clinton, Eaton and Ingham counties, has announced new board members joining LEAP in 2020, as well as its 2020 executive committee and officers, which were approved at its board of directors annual meeting Tuesday, Dec. 10, 2019, at the Radisson Hotel in
downtown Lansing, Michigan.
The new members of LEAP include: ASK represented by President and CEO Mike Maddox, Dewpoint represented by president and CEO Ken Theis, Public Sector Consultants represented by president Rachel Kuntzsch and Simplified Tax and Accounting represented by partner Lesley Bergquist.
“As our board grows and evolves, LEAP gains new voices and perspectives to help us continue as an economic development powerhouse,” said Edythe Copeland, CEO of Capital Area Michigan Works!”We welcome our new members, and look forward to partnering to carry on the work of maintaining and expanding our thriving regional economy.”
By a unanimous vote of the full board of directors, the 2020 LEAP executive committee, was approved
2020 Executive Committee Officers
- Chair: Edythe Copeland, CEO, Capital Area Michigan Works! (CAMW!)
- Vice-Chair: Timothy Salisbury, regional president Mid Michigan, PNC Financial Services Group
- Treasurer/Secretary: Daryl Adams, president & CEO, Spartan Motors, Inc.
- Past Chair: April Clobes, president & CEO, Michigan State Federal Credit Union (MSUFCU)
2020 Executive Committee At-Large Seats
- Jeff Benson, president & CEO, CASE Credit Union
- Lisa Corless, CEO, AF Group
- Goran Jurkovic, president & CEO, Delta Dental of Michigan, Ohio and Indiana
- Mark McDaniel, president & CEO, Cinnaire
- Don McNabb, CEO, Triterra
- Kirk Ray, president & CEO, McLaren Greater Lansing
- Don Simon, CEO, Farm Bureau Insurance Company of Michigan
- Deanna Swisher, shareholder, Foster, Swift, Collins and Smith, P.C.
“Over the last 10 years, LEAP and our many partners, have been steadily tending to the coals of what could be an intense fire of economic growth in the Lansing region. This past year, a spark was finally ignited,” said Bob Trezise, president and CEO of LEAP. “LEAP has been a part of making that happen, bringing over $3 billion in private investment and more than 7,100 direct jobs to the region. Without our members and the strong leadership from within, LEAP and our region wouldn’t be where we are now and wouldn’t be roaring into 2020 quite like this.”
The Lansing Economic Area Partnership (LEAP) is a coalition of area leaders partnering to build a stronger community for all–working every day to grow, retain and attract business to the Lansing, Michigan, region.