2023 Legislative Agenda & Policy Guide
Capital Region Improvement Support Package
In recognition of the critical importance that a thriving downtown in our capital city means to the region and the state, the Capital Region Improvement Support package outlines funding requests to the Governor and State Legislature for projects and services that will combine to provide a much-needed shot-in-the-arm to efforts to revitalize the capital region. Support for this package is necessary for the anticipated growth coming to our region in the next few years.
We have spent several months gathering feedback from our regional partners to make sure we are providing a unified voice on the priorities that are important to our region. This package focuses on on-going state aid as well as one-time investments focused on the following areas:
- Economic Development & Community Revitalization
- Education, Skills Training, & Workforce Development
- Water & Electric Infrastructure Investment
- Roads, Transportation, & Connectivity Infrastructure
- Social Services
To view the package, please click here >>> Capital Region Improvement Support Package
Working for You
The Lansing Regional Chamber of Commerce takes positions on several proposals at the federal, state, and local levels of government that impact the business community and our economy. Guided by those policy priority focus areas, data, and member feedback, our decisions are guided by the Lansing Regional Chamber Policy Committee and Board of Directors. Check out the links below to see how the Lansing Regional Chamber is working for you.
Congress: In addition to our focus on local and state policy issues, we are committed to making sure your voice is heard in Washington by working with the Michigan Congressional Delegation.
- LRCC support letter for Lansing Region Tech Hub Application to the Economic Development Administration
- LIBERTY Campaign Coalition Letter to Congress (Immigration Reform)
- LRCC support letter for American Airlines Slot Exemption for #DCA
- LRCC support letter for Consumer's Energy proposal to Department of Energy for Sectionalization & Circuit Improvements to Mitigate Outage Impacts for Disadvantaged Communities
- LRCC support letter for #LAN Terminal Project Funding
- LRCC support letter for #LAN Terminal Project Funding - Congresswoman Slotkin
- LRCC support letter for CATA zero-emission buses funding request - Congresswoman Slotkin
- LRCC support letter for redevelopment of the Village of Okemos, Meridian Township - Congresswoman Slotkin
- LRCC support letter for City of East Lansing public safety enhancement funding request - Senator Gary Peters
- LRCC support letter for Lansing School District REO School Funding Request - Senator Stabenow
- LRCC support letter for Michigan State University Cybercrimes Training Center - Senator Gary Peters
- LRCC opposition letter for the Federal Trade Commission's proposed noncompete clauses nationwide ban
- Coalition letter on permitting reform to Congress
- LRCC support letter for FTA FY23 Low or No Emission and Buses and Bus Facilities
- LRCC support letter for Lansing School District Innovative Technology Package for Gier Park School to Department of Energy
State Legislature: Every legislative session, we take positions on bills that stand to impact the business community and our economy. We work closely with our state senators and state representatives in the Capitol Caucus to make sure we are all working collaboratively for our region.
- LRCC Letter to the Capitol Caucus Members Outlining Chamber Priorities
- LRCC support letter to expand the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC)
- LRCC support letter to expand Elliott-Larsen Civil Rights Act
- Workforce investment support letter
- LRCC support letter for AT&T Realizing Opportunities with Broadband Infrastructure Networks (ROBIN)
- LRCC support letter for Comcast Realizing Opportunities with Broadband Infrastructure Networks (ROBIN)
- LRCC support letter for Fred Meijer CIS Trail Paving & Expansion
Local Government: The Lansing Regional Chamber works closely with our local governments to ensure that we are the best place to do business in our state.
- Regional Partners Letter to Lansing City Council on Fall Agenda
- LRCC support letter for Granger Waste Services to the Clinton County Solid Waste Committee
- LRCC support letter for proposed Eagle Township Michigan Manufacturing Innovation Campus
- LRCC support letter for Lansing Regional Sister Cities Commission and City of Merida, Mexico
- LRCC support letter to Lansing City Council for Lansing Lugnuts Lease Reassignment
Welcome to our Media section, where we proudly highlight the media engagements of our advocacy and government affairs team. Explore interviews, OP-EDs, and more, showcasing our commitment to shaping public discourse and influencing policy. Stay informed on the latest media activities that drive positive change.
- WILX TV 10: Capital Area Michigan Works! to host expungement job fair (February 3, 2023)
- WILX TV 10: Lansing Regional Chamber hires new Talent Development Manager (February 6, 2023)
- WILX TV 10: Michigan business owners worried a new challenge is coming their way (March 3, 2023)
- LSJ: Lansing mayor delivers 2023 state of the city address (March 14, 2023)
- LSJ OP-ED: Mid-Michigan can be a leader in transformative education; here's how you can help (March 5, 2023)
- WLNS TV 6: Cargo ramp expansion officially begins at Lansing airport (April 12, 2023)
- LSJ OP-ED: Funding to support Greater Lansing's role as capital needed to ensure vibrant future (April 26, 2023)
- WILX TV 10: 'Buy Michigan' proposal aims to keep more contract dollars in the state (May 4, 2023)
- Michigan Advance: 'A long time coming': Natural hair discrimination bill gets Senate committee hearing (May 4, 2023)
- WLNS TV 6: Lansing needs more state funding, Mayor Andy Schor says (May 31, 2023)
- Lansing City Pulse: Lansing puts $530M in asks on the state Capitol’s table (June 1, 2023)
- WLNS TV 6: Public safety top issue for Lansing voters, says poll (June 7, 2023)
- WILX TV 10: Survey shows public safety is most concerning for Lansing voters (June 8, 2023)
- WLNS TV 6: Lansing residents react to poll on city's direction (June 8, 2023)
- WKAR: Lansing business leaders say population density, housing are key to downtown revitalization (Sept. 8, 2023)
- LSJ: Developers: Having some Michigan State students downtown could cement city's future (Sept. 8, 2023)
Chamber Policy Statements
The Chamber's Policy Statements are a set of official positions and recommendations that reflect the views of the Chamber of Commerce on various public policy issues. These statements were developed by the Chamber's Policy Committee, which is composed of experts and stakeholders from various industries and sectors.
Lansing Regional Chamber Policy Committee
The Lansing Regional Chamber Policy Committee exists to both guide and advance LRCC legislative priorities. The LRCC Policy Committee reviews issues pertaining to the current priorities and works to encourage members to engage in action.