Interested in attending a Lansing Regional Chamber signature event? Registration is available on the Chamber Calendar.
Join hundreds of Lansing Regional Chamber members and prominent decision-makers to celebrate the success of our region’s business and community leaders. Every year, we recognize the small businesses, entrepreneurs and exceptional organizations that make an impact in the Lansing region.
Diversity Star Award
The Diversity Star Award honors companies and organizations within the Lansing region that demonstrate a solid commitment to advancing equity and creating inclusive environments, champion efforts for diversity and equitable practices in the workplace and beyond, support underserved and underrepresented employees and communities and contribute to a more just and equitable region.
The LRCC and LEAP will present the annual Diversity Star Awards at the LRCC Annual Dinner.
Nominees will be evaluated using the following criteria:
In what ways can you show diversity in business and community through a demonstrated track record? Provide metrics, case studies, other examples.
How has your company demonstrated diversity, equity and inclusion in management structure, board of directors' makeup, and company culture, including processes for career progression and promotion?
In what ways has your company exhibited diversity, equity and inclusion in your workforce development efforts through company goals and efforts to recruit, retain and nurture a culturally diverse workforce?
How has your company demonstrated support for diversity in the marketplace through company goals and efforts in procurement practices that reflect a diverse vendor and supply chain? In what ways has that been successful for your company and your vendors?
Provide examples of your business being a diversity, equity and inclusion champion within your community. How have you supported or collaborated with area initiatives to improve and recognize diversity in the Lansing region?
Is your business located in tri-county region (Ingham, Clinton and Eaton counties)?
The Community Service Award honors outstanding individuals who give their time and expertise to the community, above and beyond their own field of endeavor, and demonstrate excellence, creativity and initiative in all they do. This individual is an inspiration to the community, both in their profession and in their efforts to make the Lansing region a better place to live, work and play.
Nominations can be submitted here
- 2020: Joan Nelson, Allen Neighborhood Center
- 2019: Kelli Ellsworth Etchison - LAFCU
- 2018: Amy Stephenson - Helping Women Period
- 2017: Jim Robinson, Farm Bureau Insurance
- 2016 - Paula Cunningham, AARP of Michigan
- 2015 - Mark Hooper, Andrews Hooper Pavlik PLC
- 2014 - Tim Staudt, WILX-TV
- 2014 - Pat McPharlin, MSU Federal Credit Union
- 2013 - Michael G. Harrison, Foster, Swift, Collins, and Smith P.C.
- 2013 - Deborah L. Harrison
- 2012 - Dr. Joseph Hess, Greater Lansing United Nations Association
- 2011 - Bob Hoffman, Wharton Center for Performing Arts
- 2010 - Lupe Izzo
- 2009 - Jeff Hicks, Hicks & Mullett, PLLC
- 2008 - Kelly Rossman-McKinney, Truscott Rossman
- 2007 - David E. S. Marvin, Fraser Trebilcock Davis and Dunlap, P.C.
- 2006 - Dorothy E. Maxwell, The Max Weingar Group Jems & Jewels
- 2005 - James C. Epolito, State of Michigan
- 2004 - Kellie P. Dean, Dean Transportation, Inc., Dean Trailways of Michigan
- 2003 - James W. Butler III, Michigan Broadband Authority
- 2002 - Jack Davis, Loomis, Ewert, Parsley, Davis & Gotting, P.C.
- 2001 - Ev Beemer, Lansing Regional Chamber of Commerce
- 2000 - Duane Vernon, Credit Bureau of Greater Lansing
- 1999 - John Demmer, Demmer Corporation
- 1998 - Edward Souders, Panurgy of Mid-Michigan
- 1997 - Jud & Louise Werbelow
- 1996 - J. Christopher Holman, The Greater Lansing Business Monthly
- 1995 - Albert A. White, Whitehill Development Corporation
- 1994 - Wayne Williams, Williams Auto World
- 1993 - Louis E. Legg, Lumber Company
- 1992 - Richard A. Letts, City of Lansing
- 1991 - Donald A. Hines, Fraser, Trebilcock, Davis & Foster
- 1990 - James L. Ruetter, Lansing Ice & Fuel
- 1989 - Kenneth Patenge, Wolhert Corporation
- 1988 - Edward B. McRee, Ingham Medical Hospital
- 1987 - Robert Clark, Capitol Federal Savings Bank
- 1986 - Ed Vogt, BOC Oldsmobile Group
- 1985 - Jack Breslin, Michigan State University
- 1984 - W. K. Prudden, Pioneer Honoree
- 1984 - Ted Sondag, Lansing State Journal
- 1984 - Ransom E. Olds, Pioneer Honoree
- 1984 - George Washington Peck, Pioneer Honoree
- 1984 - Francis J. Carr, Pioneer Honoree
- 1984 - Charles A. Davis, Pioneer Honoree
- 1983 - Fritz Bennetts, Oldsmobile Division of GMC
- 1982 - Robert Fisher
- 1981 - Monsignor Jerome MacEachin, Catholic Diocese of Lansing
- 1980 - Walter W. Neller, Walter W. Neller Company
- 1979 - William J. Porter, Porter Realty Company
- 1978 - Dr. Edgar Harden, Michigan State University
- 1977 - Dr. Theodore Bauer, Physician
- 1976 - Lucile Belen, Belen's Flowers
- 1975 - Albert F. Schmidt, Schmidt's Supermarkets
- 1974 - Philip J. Gannon, Lansing Community College
- 1973 - Albert C. Boyd, Lansing Regional Chamber of Commerce
- 1972 - Joseph Alexanian, Alexanian's Rugs
- 1971 - Claud Erickson, Board of Water & Light
- 1970 - Hugo Lundberg, Lundberg Screw Products
- 1969 - Howard Grimes, J. W. Knapp Company
- 1968 - Floyd Estes, Estes-Leadley Company
- 1967 - Walter F. Patenge, Wohlert Corporation
- 1966 - Rabbi Phillip Frankel, Shaarey Zedek Congregation
- 1965 - John A. Hannah, Michigan State University
- 1964 - William R. Carlyon, Consumers Power Company
- 1963 - William C. Searl, Auto-Owners Insurance Co.
- 1962 - Edward G. Hacker, Edward G. Hacker Company
- 1961 - Talbert Adams, Abrams Aerial Survey
- 1960 - Howard J. Stoddard, Michigan National Bank
- 1959 - Joseph R. Gwinn, People's Finance Service
- 1958 - Fred Wohlert, Wohlert Corporation
- 1957 - Jack F. Wolfram, Oldsmobile Division, GMC
- 1956 - Dwight H. Rich, Lansing School District
- 1955 - M. J. Maynard, J.C. Penney Company
- 1954 - Paul A. Martin, Lansing State Journal
- 1953 - C. W. Otto, Lansing Regional Chamber of Commerce
- 1952 - F. N. Arbaugh, F. N. Arbaugh Company
- 1951 - Hugo B. Lundberg, Lundberg Screw Products
- 1950 - Earle W. Goodnow, Atlas Drop Forge
- 1949 - J. Gottlieb Ruetter, Lansing Ice & Fuel
- 1948 - Clarence C. Carlton, Motor Wheel Corporation
The Outstanding Small Business Award honors a local small business that meets the criteria of stability, innovation, a commitment to community, perseverance and diversity.
Nominations can be submitted here
- 2020: Public Sector Consultants
- 2019: Hayhoe Asphalt
- 2018: American Fifth Spirits
- 2017: Byrum Builders
- 2016: Triterra
- 2015: M3 Group
- 2014: Friedland Industries, Inc.
- 2013: Harvest Creative Services
- 2013: Stony Point Communications
- 2012: Van Martin, CBRE|Martin
- 2011: Dr. Marcy Street, Doctors Approach
- 2010: Steve Trecha, Integrated Strategies, Inc.
- 2009: Terry Terry, Message Makers
- 2009: Jeffrey D. Padden, Public Policy Associates
- 2008 - Charles Creamer, Midwest Transaction Group
- 2007 - Charlie Smith, Smith Floral & Greenhouses
- 2006 - David G. Chapman, David Chapman Agency, Inc.
- 2005 - Matt Rhodes, Dusty's Cellar
- 2005 - Irene Savoyat and Chris Reay, Creative Wellness Holistic Health Center
- 2005 - Howard & Vivian Ballein, Student Book Store
- 2004 - Shawn & Terri Grady, G.E.E.! Communications & Network Solutions
- 2004 - Pierre Medawar, Medawar Jewelers
- 2004 - John J. Castillo, Castillo & Associates, Inc.
- 2004 - Dorothy E. Maxwell, Gems & Jewels/Max Weingar Group
- 2003 - Roy C. Saper, Saper Galleries and Custom Framing
- 2003 - Martin L. Saper, SCORE
- 2003 - G. Umakanth, Symbiosis International
- 2002 - Robert Fish, Mary Roszel, Mike McFall, Beaner's Gourmet Coffee
- 2002 - Michael Skory, Skory, Inc.
- 2002 - Kelly Rossman-McKinney, Truscott Rossman
- 2002 - David Hayhow, Prime Management
- 2002 - Bo Garcia, Small Business Development Center at Lansing Community College
- 2001 - John Sharnetsky, Northstar Environmental Services
- 2001 - Jamie Czekai, Old Town Commercial Association
- 2001 - David Lick, Loomis. Ewert, Parsley, Davis & Gotting P.C.
- 2001 - Craig Harris, Turkeyman
- 2000 - Leanne Stites, Principal Shopping District
- 2000 - Anita Covert, Country Stitches
- 1999 - Terry Terry, Message Makers
- 1999 - Kellie Dean, Dean Transportation
- 1998 - Robert Trezise, Delta Economic Development Corp.
- 1998 - Kathie Drolett, Drolett Travel
- 1997 - Robert & Theresa Hubbell, Prudential Hubbell Real Estate Co.
- 1997 - Richard Haskins, S.C.O.R.E.
- 1996 - Rachelle Neal, Capitol Research Services
- 1996 - Dee Smith, Lansing Community College
- 1995 - Ray Tadgerson, Capital Consultants
- 1995 - Ed Carpenter, Liskey's Professional Wheel Service
- 1994 - Noelle Clark, Hasselbring-Clark Company
- 1994 - Gary Granger, Granger Construction Company
- 1993 - Mary Ellen Sheets, Two Men & A Truck
- 1993 - Iris Socolofsky-Linder, Fraser, Trebilcock, Davis & Foster P.C.
- 1992 - Theda Rudd, McDonald's Restaurants
- 1992 - Bob Carr, Capitol National Bank
- 1991 - David O'Leary, O'Leary Paint
- 1991 - David Marvin, Fraser, Trebilcock, Davis & Foster P.C.
- 1990 - Priscilla Peterson, MRI/Office Mates 5
- 1990 - John O'Malia, Snell Environmental Group
- 1989 - Jose Gamez, Aztec Industries
- 1989 - John Dodge, Sneekers of Lansing/ROI Golf Mgmt
- 1989 - Chris Holman, Greater Lansing Business Monthly
- 1988 - Wayne Williams, Williams Auto World
- 1988 - Theda Rudd, McDonalds
- 1988 - Ed Souders, Entre Computer Services
- 1987 - Pat Hanes, Howard & Howard Attorneys
- 1987 - Joe Landis, Microform Systems, Inc.
- 1986 - Alyson Steele, Uniforce Temporary Services
- 1986 - Alan Suits, Recomtex
- 1985 - Dan Fatalleh, Delphi Glass Corp.
- 1984 - Robert Kleiman, RBK Corporation
- 1983 - Richard Bahls, Elliott Store Fixtures
- 1982 - David Buxton, Spartan Paper & Office Supply, Inc.
Started in 2010, the Legacy Award is designed to recognize a long-standing Lansing Regional Chamber member and their long-term commitment to economic growth and community investment in the Greater Lansing region.
- 2020: Quality Dairy
- 2019: Christman Company
- 2018: Lansing Ice & Fuel
- 2017: The Greater Lansing Association of Realtors
- 2016: Lyman & Sheets Insurance Agency
- 2015: Sohn Linen Service
- 2014: Legg Lumber
- 2013: PNC Bank
- 2012: Consumers Energy
- 2011: Maner Costerisan
- 2010: Kositchek's Menswear
Celebration of Regional Growth
The Celebration of Regional Growth (CORG) Awards is held in November and is a must-attend event that celebrates the investments that are reshaping and transforming our region. Since 2006, more than 70 companies have been recognized and have combined to contribute billions to the regional economy.
- Allen Neighborhood Center
- Bekum America Coporation
- High Caliber Karting & Entertainment
- Lansing Board of Water & Light
- McLaren Greater Lansing
- Gillespie Group
- Michigan State Capitol Commission
- Coleman Road Project: Ingham Co., Clinton Co., Dewitt Charter Township. City of East Lansing
- MSU Foundation, VanCamp Incubator
- Peak Performance Physical Therapy
- Application Specialist Kompany (ASK)
- Auto Owners Insurance
- Harbor Bay Real Estate Advisors
- Eaton Rapids Medical Center
- The Gillespie Company
- LoAnn Oils*
- Pratt & Whitney
- Sparrow Health System
- Block Imaging*
- MSU Federal Credit Union
- Lansing Community College
- Dart Container Corporation
- Jackson National Life Insurance
- Magna International
- TOC Logistics International
- Triton Industries, Inc. (Manitou)
- Two Men and a Truck International
- Hayes Green Beach Memorial Hospital
- The Michigan State University Bioengineering Building
- The Hope Sports Complex
- Michigan Veneer
- Agro-Culture Liquid Fertilizers
- Emergent BioSolutions
- The Eyde Company
- IDV Solutions
- Plas-Labs, Inc
- Bekum America Corporation*
- Capital Steel & Wire, Inc.
- Eli and Edythe Broad Art Museum
- Lansing Board of Water and Light
- Netvantage Marketing**
- Air Lift Company
- Biggby Coffee
- Dowding Industries*
- Gillespie Group
- Accident Fund Insurance Company of America
- Dean Transportation
- HRU Technical Resources, Inc.
- Neogen Corporation*
- Facility for Rare Isotope Beams (FRIB)*
- General Motors
- Greenstone Farm Credit Services
- Jackson National Life
- Lansing Board of Water and Light (BWL)
- Technology Innovation Center (TIC)
- Capital Region International Airport
- Delta Dental of Michigan
- MAHLE Engine Components USA, Inc
- Niowave, Inc.*
- Two Men & A Truck
- Wharton Center for Performing Arts
- Auto-Owners Insurance
- Christman Company
- Demmer Corporation
- Meijer, Inc.
- Peckham, Inc.
- MSU Federal Credit Union
- The Wieland-Davco Corporation
- Emergent BioSolutions
- Gestamp US Hardtech Corp.
- Ingham Regional Medical Center
- Liquid Web
- Neogen Corporation
- Sparrow Health System
- Spartan Motors Inc.
*International Trade Award
**Emerging Economy Award
Lansing Economic Club
The Lansing Economic Club luncheons feature local, national and world-renowned speakers who cover a variety of business-related topics, such as leadership, innovation and industry trends. The monthly events serve as an excellent opportunity to network with more than 450 regional community, business and education leaders.
Enjoy an evening of networking and policy discussion with local, state and federal lawmakers. The Policy Forum is held in the spring and unites business leaders, lawmakers, decision-makers, and chamber officials from across the state and nation.
We are pleased to host the region’s premier golf outing, attracting more than 150 golfers annually. The event is held in the late summer and serves as a wonderful occasion to network while enjoying a fun, relaxing day on one of Michigan’s most pristine courses.